Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Dear Diary, Mother's Day is on my mind


Mother's Day (May 11) is just around the corner! It's always hard to find the perfect gift for my mom because most of the things I would like to buy her are way out of my college-student budget. If you're like me, than you also don't want to waste time trying to convince your dad why your mother needs that $500 ottoman because he'll never agree. I'm a big fan of swinging by the Central Market floral department on my way home from school and picking up a bouquet, but I feel like I need to come up with something more substantial. There's got to be something in-between!
Mother and I circa 1996
Monthly product subscriptions are very hot right now, and it would be a great gift because it would little surprise to remind my mother of me while I'm away at school. The subscription is great because I wouldn't have to worry about forgetting to ship a gift myself every month! I've been receiving Birchboxes for the past two years (check out my article about them here!) and decided I would cancel my account because I'm on sample over load, and instead pay for my mother to have a subscription. The longer I thought about it though, I decided my mother might not like getting so many samples. They start to pile up then you're left with a vase (or drawer) of unused products. So I began to search for other options for monthly subscriptions. Hopefully there's something here that's just right for the sweet mommy in your life. Happy gifting!
Citrus Lane - for the mom who still has kiddos $21/month
Craft Coffee - for the mom who's a coffee lover $19.99/month
Birchbox - for the mom who loves deluxe beauty samples $10/month
UmbaBox - for your etsy-loving mom who never grew out of getting handmade gifts $23/month
Harry & David's Fruit of the Month Club - for the mom who loves the best fresh fruit $69-129/month 
Mouth's Cocktail Hour - for the mom who loves to host $1,120/year 
Love With Food - for the mom who loves organic snacks $10/month
KnitCrate - for the mom who loves to knit $26/month
Just the Right Book - for the mom who loves to read $245-$395/year+shipping 
Her Fitness Box - for the mom who likes to break a sweat $35/month

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment