Sunday, April 27, 2014

Dear Diary, chic iPad cases are impossible to find

This summer I am studying abroad in Turkey, then staying and traveling around Europe for a few weeks. One of the courses we are taking is Turkish Film, our program got a grant for each of us to get an iPad Air on loan from the university for half the summer. I've never been in the iPad case/cover/sleeve market before and let me tell you, its rough. I never would have imagined it would be so hard to find the perfect case!
A few issues I've come up with while online researching:
  1. I love how the sleeves look- but they seem frivolous and like it would just take up extra space in my bag. 
  2. The iPad needs to be protected, but all the 'protection' cases are bulky, heavy and seem generally too intense- but I'm a bit clumsy so I feel like I need some protection. 
  3. Folios/folders cover the front and the back, which is good, but I hate the ones with keyboards in them, but for a girl with limited space it seems foolish to take a wireless keyboard separately. 
  4. We're allowed to buy the iPad from the university at the end but I haven't decided if I'll do that so it seems foolish to spend a lot of money on it but if I don't buy it I must return it in good condition, but all the really cute ones are pricey. 
Hershel Anchor Sleeve

i-Blason Apple iPad Air Case

MoKo Apple iPad Folio

Boatman Geller iPad Folding Case
DODO Case Classic for iPad Air

GiGi New York Embossed Python iPad Case
Marc by Marc Jacobs Oliver Notebook iPad Case
Somewhere between the boring cases and the over-the-top girlie ones lies the elusive chic cases- let me know if you find one!

XOXO


2 comments:

  1. GiGi New York Embossed Python iPad Case is the most classy. Plus my Kindle Fire has a case similar to this one and is very protective to my very clumsy self. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!
    Now it is easier to purchase personalized IPAD cases. You can buy protective IPAD cases at affordable rates in Europe, from Rokform, where one is able to fetch features like thermoplastic elastomer anti-slip grip inserts giving a a tough polycarbonate frame.

    ReplyDelete