Thursday, November 28, 2013

Dear Diary, let's party like it's 2007


In the spirit of Hanukah and this Thanksgiving-holiday-induced house arrest time, my brother and I decided to use time wisely by making a middle school throwback playlist. What’s that got to do with Hanukah you say? Well everyone in my neighborhood knows that middle school is the time for bar, bat and b’nai mitzvahs. We know this because for some reason we have a wonderfully large Jewish population living in this area of our school district. So far me and my brother have attended over thirty-two mitzvah celebrations, with seventeen dollar checks always in hand. If you showed up without your ballet sweater wrap covering your shoulders and matching eyeshadow you were clearly a novice clueless (sorry, middle school was harsh). But I digress- Some songs were left off because I hated them then and still hate them now, but every song can be found on Spotify. 

  1. 50 Cent – Candy Shop
  2. Akon – Smack That - Dirty
  3. Akon – I Wanna Love You
  4. Baby Bash – Suga Suga
  5. BeyoncĂ© – Crazy In Love
  6. BeyoncĂ© – Naughty Girl
  7. The Black Eyed Peas – Pump It
  8. The Black Eyed Peas – My Humps
  9. Britney Spears – Toxic
  10. Britney Spears – I'm A Slave 4 U
  11. Cascada – Everytime We Touch - Radio Edit
  12. The Cast Of 'High School Musical' – Breaking Free
  13. Chamillionaire – Ridin' Dirty (feat. Chamillionaire)
  14. Chingy – Right Thurr
  15. Chingy – Holidae In
  16. Chris Brown feat. Juelz Santana – Run It! - Featuring Juelz Santana
  17. Ciara – One, Two Step
  18. Coolio – Gangsta's Paradise - feat. L.V.
  19. D-12 – My Band
  20. David Banner – Get Like Me
  21. Destiny's Child – Soldier
  22. Destiny's Child – Say My Name
  23. Destiny's Child – Jumpin', Jumpin'
  24. DMX – Party Up
  25. Eminem – Lose Yourself - Soundtrack Version (Explicit)
  26. Eminem – The Real Slim Shady
  27. Eve – Let Me Blow Ya Mind
  28. Fall Out Boy – Dance, Dance
  29. Fall Out Boy – Sugar, We're Goin Down
  30. The Fray – How To Save A Life
  31. The Fray – Over My Head (Cable Car)
  32. Fugees – Killing Me Softly With His Song
  33. The Game – How We Do
  34. Gwen Stefani – Rich Girl
  35. JoJo – Too Little Too Late
  36. Justin Timberlake – SexyBack - Main Version - Explicit
  37. Justin Timberlake – Cry Me A River
  38. Justin Timberlake – Rock Your Body
  39. Kelis – Milkshake
  40. Lil Jon – Get Low
  41. Lil Jon – Snap Yo Fingers
  42. Nelly Furtado – Promiscuous
  43. Nelly Furtado – Maneater
  44. The Pussycat Dolls – Beep
  45. Rihanna – SOS
  46. Rihanna – Unfaithful
  47. Shakira – Hips Don't Lie
  48. Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars

If you didn’t realize how horribly inappropriate the rap songs were then… you sure will now. 

Today I am thankful for modern technology, the Internet, and my family. I am thankful that the three year peak of my decade of awkwardness is over. I am thankful that the boys grew, and some of them are now (omg) even taller than me. Lastly, I am thankful for the old friends that made these songs bring back such good memories, and the new friends who will hijack fraternity sound systems so we can jam out to this playlist when we get back to school. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment