Monday, October 14, 2013

Dear Diary, it rained so I wore my rain boots


I’m not sure when rain boots became a sorority thing, but did. The quote “I want it to rain so I can wear my rain boots” from the infamous Sh*tSorority Girls Say video is so true that I’ve heard that very line spoken in complete seriousness. We love rain boots, and here’s why:

  1. They very effectively keep your feet dry and you don’t have to worry about skipping around every puddle on your way to class.
  2. They come in cute colors, which everyone loves. What other time can you get away with canary yellow or bubble gum pink footwear?
  3. Hunter rain boots are the only true rain boot, but they’re expensive which creates exclusivity, which we also love.
  4. When it rains, it pours; every girl you know wore her boots to class today. If you saw someone without them on you felt bad, unless it was a boy in which case you thought “This is what you get for making fun of sorority girls and their matching rain boots and rain jackets”

I mean what’s not to love? The hardest decision is what color to buy, and do you go for gloss or no gloss? Life is so hard sometimes. Mine are original gloss black Hunters which sounded like a good idea at the time cause black goes with anything, but then I discovered these fabulous things: 

One of my only regrets in life is that I don't own them... yet. I'm dying to get more fun colors/styles but   my roommates already hate my overflowing closet. Here are the other styles I'm currently lusting over, all of which can be found on the Hunter website










If you don’t own a pair of rain boots, no matter what year you are or what campus you live on, stop what you’re doing and buy some immediately. Tip: Zappos and Nordstrom ship for free. There is no substitution for a rainy day except plastic flip-flops and those make your feet dirty and you can slip and fall and die. If you go to a school with a poor drainage system (the University of Oklahoma), your only two options for surviving rainy days are rain boots or a paddleboat. The decision is yours.
Angie wore Hunters and she got Brad, just saying. 

XOXO

1 comment: