Monday, August 26, 2013

Dear Diary, I love living in



Today I’m really feeling appreciative of my living situation here on campus. I moved back into our beautiful sorority house about four weeks ago and it is just as amazing as I remembered it! The location, the convenience and the girls I get to live with make it a priceless experience that I wish could never end.
At my chapter, the entire sophomore pledge class lives in, along with some juniors, seniors and the executive committee. Last year I moved in with the other 70(ish) members of my pledge class and every day was the best day ever. The pranks, jokes and gossip just made every day fun! Girls I had never heard speak until sharing a bathroom with became friends and friend groups shifted and expanded; by the end of the year we were so much closer as a pledge class and as a chapter.
I'm pretty sure these two ran and jumped on each other after chapter one night and safe to say it did not go well. 
As an exec officer I got to move back in this fall with PC’12 and it’s been more fun than I expected. I love getting to know the sophomores better and it’s especially great because me and my friends are rarely part of the drama of their lives, but we get to hear about it so its almost like living in a reality TV show every day. Plus it’s been fun watching them start to act more responsible because they are no longer the babies of the chapter, in fact it’s their job to take care of the new babies.

           
My roommate last year decided to pull a prank and put live goldfish all over the house...
 One of my favorite things about Greek life here at OU is our chapter houses are essentially one neighborhood divided down the middle by one of the major streets in Norman. Other big, impressive fraternity and sorority houses surround my house, which in my opinion is the most beautiful sorority house in the country. Practically every car that drives down our street has Greek letters on the back and our houses are so close you can literally see into other houses at night from your window. It makes us a close-knit community, which is really cool. On nice days like today everyone is out on their lawns or playing basketball with a speaker playing music loud enough for the entire neighborhood. Sometimes it makes me laugh because it really is like a scene from a movie.

I mean who doesn't love a good nap on the lawn?
So as I sit here listening to the boys next door play basketball and blast their music, the Kappas and Thetas come and go across the street and the SAE’s come in and out of their house in waves, watching my sisters come and go, sit on the lawn, and check out the Beta’s walking by on their way to their parking lot as the cars drive by on this beautiful sunny day in Norman- I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. And don’t talk to me about ever leaving… still in denial that one day it might happen.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment