Friday, August 16, 2013

Dear Diary, Bid Day came with the cutest hooties you've ever seen!

Photo by Lori Russell, the mamma of this cute new hootie

          After weeks of working, training and recruiting, we have a brand-new pledge class! This is no average pledge class though, these girls are phenomenal. Each one was hand picked for being the smartest, most involved, well-rounded young women going through recruitment here at OU. Not to mention they are all so beautiful and just lovely to be around. They’re fresh-faced, innocent and so happy to be Chi Omegas. We truly could not have asked for a better group of women! I am so proud to have them I can’t help but to gush about them to everyone I encounter.
Our sophomores waiting on the lawn for their temp littles to arrive

            This year we really wanted to make Bid Day extra special, so we repainted our wooden letters, pre-made the posters with glitter and a group of older sisters helped cut them all 82 of them into owl shapes. Our advisor asked me to paint a new bid day banner and I thought, “Why paint one banner when you can paint five?” So over the summer we had new pulleys installed behind all our columns and as soon as I moved in we got to work on painting these bold, simple banners with the help of my friends, my little and our artsy sophomores. It turned out so well and everyone loved them! I think it really set us apart and made a statement because no other house on campus has ever put up this many banners for one event -  especially a high profile one like bid day. If pictures show up on Pinterest I wouldn’t be mad;)
My pride and joy


            So I hope everyone had/has a wonderful bid day, its an exciting day not just for your chapter but for the entire campus. As older members it can be hard to remember that this day is really about the new pledge class and the young women who have just found their home for the next four years and their sisters for life. Bid day is a great annual reminder of how much we love our sisterhood and how brief our time here is, and at least for me this makes me truly grateful for it all. It’s the perfect start to a new year!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment