Sunday, January 19, 2014

Dear Diary, the First Week of Being T-Shirt Chair, a poem

An original poem by Sophie Orlich

The first week of classes,
Might move like molasses.
But if you’re the t-shirt chair,
You’re losing your hair!
Date party shirts,
Come with opinion quirks.
You can’t make everyone happy,
Even the dates were getting sassy!
Winter gear is fun I guess,
But the deadlines are longer than the rest (1/26).
Licensing laws are a new thorn in my side, 
Why can't you just let some things slide?
A surprise order you need in less than a week?
It feels like I’m up a creek!
But wait, I’ve got to attend classes too?
And work a part time job?! (I need money- it’s true!)
Don’t even get me started on the mess I was left,
Organization certainly was not kept.
Thankfully my assistant rocks,
And is on board to get ChiO socks!
Meetings, retreats, passouts and planning,
This job takes a fair amount of manning.
But I know I’m in for a treat,

Because I cant imagine a job more sweet!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment