Saturday, February 1, 2014

Dear Diary, How-to clean your Longchamp


About a year ago I ordered a custom Longchamp (correct pronunciation here), straight from the factory in France. The website has a fun 'make your own' feature online where one could easily spend hours mixing and matching sizes and patterns, handles and metals (link here). Finally I settled on my bag: I was obsessed with the versatility and perfectness of the wide black and white stripes.

Since it's glorious arrival to my doorstep (addressed to Mademoiselle Sophie Orlich), the perfect white stripe has gotten dirtier and dingier with wear. At first I tried to get off dirt with a wash cloth, then disinfectant wipes, nothing worked. After my trip to NYC it was truly gross and I got aggressive about how to clean it; of course, my first place to turn was the internet. Some people said they threw them in the washing machine, but that made me nervous cause of the leather. Someone else suggested a toothbrush, water, a little bit of detergent and a wash cloth. Tonight I had some extra time so I tried it- and it worked perfectly! Here's how-to:
Before (dirty & dingy)

Gross.
Soap, water and a little scrubbing...
It worked like magic!

Best of luck cleaning your 'champ!

XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment